- 2020 Spring Course hosted by SOAS Jing-Kun Chinese Opera Society
Kunqu performance course (acting and singing of the 2 roles of Du Liniang and her maid Chunxiang) from The Stroll in the Garden 《牡丹亭 -游园》Zaoluopao tune-title皂罗袍曲牌, 8 x 1.5-hour Saturday lessons 2.15pm-3.45pm, dates: 11/1, 18/1, 1/2, 8/2, 15/2, 22/2, 7/3, and 14/3, with classroom performance on 21/3/2020.
Requirements: one Chinese opera paper folding-fan with minimum 30 fan sticks and length 26/27 cm, one Chinese round fan, one Chinese opera ‘watersleeves’ practice jacket bought or hired, and flat, thin soft-sole shoes (like ballet soft shoes) or just wear socks.
Course fees payable upfront before course commencement and non-refundable:
£105; £88 (full-time students)
Enquiries and registration: Course instructor-Kathy 07711 654663 or via website Contact Us page.
- 2020 Chinese New Year Celebrations at Maidstone, Kent, noon, Saturday Jan 25th,
London Chinese Opera Studio presents Tom Stell in Peking Opera excerpt,
The Imperial Concubine Intoxicated.
Enquiries: kalarRED Bar Restaurant, Bank Street, Maidstone East, tel: 01622 686683
Other enquiries welcome:
- Jingju or Kunqu classes/workshops or 1-to-1 lessons for singing only, or singing and acting.
- Jingju or Kunqu classes/workshops or 1-to-1 lessons for beginners and improvers, all ages, in movement sets for watersleeves, round/palace fan, folding fan, cloud duster, horse-whip and silk fans, with no singing.
- Chinese Opera Make-up Workshops (with full stage make-up, head-dresses and costumes) for individuals or small groups on requests.
- Lecture-demonstrations with PPT and props for schools, universities and community centres, on request.
Instructor: Mrs Kathy Hall李惠馨， London Chinese Opera Studio